Courses and Lesson PlansCSEd is developing a variety of courses that you can use as the basis for teaching computer science and computer programming in grades four through nine. This page has links to material that is currently available. It is frequently updated, so please check back soon.
Last update date: Monday, Feb. 21, 2005..
Please read first
Programming oriented courses
Each course consists of 8 to 12 lesson plans which can be used in meetings of 40 to 90 minutes.
- VVBasic A - grades 4 through 7
- VVBasic B - grades 5 through 7
- VVBasic C - grades 6 through 9
- VVLogo A - grades 4 through 7
- VVLogo B - grades 5 through 7
- VVLogo C - grades 6 through 9
Non-programming computer science courses
Each of these short courses is designed for 1 or 2 meetings of 40 to 90 minutes. These lessons can easily be divided into short segments and integrated with programming lessons.
- History of Computer Science, #1
- History of Computer Science, #2
- The World Wide Web
- How Email Works
- Ethics and Privacy on the Web
- What Sort of Sort Shall We Use?
- Jobs for Computer Scientists